In order to understand the difference between the Web forms pre- and post- the dot.com bust, I have synthesised some of the information learned in this subject and Info. Centre Managment. - Web 1.0 involved people going directly to the source of information that they wanted (e.g. for news reports they could use BBC or CNN websites, etc), which implies that information was authoritative, and more likely to be accurate because it came from the source.
- Web 2.0 is interactive and open to editing / transformation by the user of the application(s).
Do you (my blog buddies) think this definition of each Web form is correct?
Please help me to come up with a working definition, and make a comment on this post.

I do think those definitions are fine.
ReplyDeleteI think the definition is fine too. I'm still getting my head around web 2.0 and it seems to me that an awful lot has been written about it trying to define what exactly "it" is. Your contrast between authority vs. interactive and flexible, and individual vs. communal seem to hit on some of the major ideas.
ReplyDelete