Saturday, March 7, 2009

My feelings/reflections on starting this assignment

I have to admit that I was intimidated about creating a blog from ‘scratch’. It turned out to be a simple, 3-step process on blogger.com . Looking at the schedule and activities (a different theme each week) was also overwhelming, but then I tend to stress-out easily! However, I have managed to have success this week in many ways:

- Being able to make a post on my blog (this will be my third)
- I found a way to insert an ‘image’ (really a table) in my first post “What I've learned: Difference between Web 1.0 & Web 2.0”.
- Overcoming my perceived problem with blogging (privacy). I altered my settings to prevent people on the internet and blogger listings from finding me.
- I also discovered that you can only make comments on another person’s blog if you ‘follow’ it. Convenienly, there are updates on your own blog about others you follow.

I feel that this subject will be challenging for me, as most of the Web 2.0 technologies that we will be using are foreign to me... Despite this trepidation, I am approaching Doc. Man. 1 with an open mind and an eagerness to go from technoapprentice to technowiz (hence, the URL and title for this blog).

2 comments:

  1. Hi Loretta,

    Great name for you blog and I know exactly how you fell about this project. I too am a little anxious about creating a blog which makes me want to look at mine all the time and want to work on it. Which I suppose is a good thing but I also need to remember that I have other assignments as well. But I have to say that I am really enjoying this experience and I look forward to adding new things to my blog.

    candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I know how you feel. Just about all of the web 2.0 technologies are new to me too but I figure that that's the good thing about the blogs - we can help each other out. It sounds like you've already made some great discoveries and are learning a lot. The other comforting thing is that I get the feeling the new technology is supposed to be user friendly and intuitive - which will hopefully make it easier for us to get our heads around. So I think we should all try to enjoy the journey. You seem very diligent in your approach to this subject and I'm sure you'll achieve your goal of becoming a tech wiz by the end of semester.

    ReplyDelete