Saturday, March 14, 2009

Podcasts and Google Reader

Katie posted a query about whether podcasts could be subscribed to and accessed via Google Reader. It is possible to subscribe to podcasts because they are on an RSS feed like the other blogs that we subscribed to - thanks to Cath for commenting on how she found the link. What I have done is subscribe to the doctor Karl science podcasts (from TrippleJ) on the ABC website. Maybe if you try following the steps I took, you can transfer these to other sites you want podcasts from:

- Go to this link, which is an ABC site with podcasts http://www.abc.net.au/services/podcasting/
- Choose the 'science' tab under 'podcasting by subject' on the left hand side of the screen
- Scroll down until you find Dr Karl, tripple J
- See the 'pod' icon and the URL next to it? Copy this URL into the box that appears in Google Reader to subscribe to a feed

This worked for me, let me know if it works for you as well.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Loretta,

    I am finding Podcasting very difficult thanks to being still on dial up. I am at the moment trying to download juice the soft ware for Macs and it is going to take me an hour and a half. Thats of course if I my internet doesn't cut out. Was I talking to you or Catherine about that in class the other day. If any of you two are having problems like me please let me know, and I might just have to do this part of the assignment at uni.

    And by the way I love your picture, where did you find it?
    candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Candy,
    I found the fairy on my computer from a while ago, and the charmed logo through google images when I made the post. I would be able to find it again if I needed...that raises another question - is referencing even possible on blogs? Should it be?

    ReplyDelete