Saturday, April 4, 2009

Trouble using delicious browser buttons

I know it's off the topic for this week, but I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me in regards to my trouble using delicious. I (finally) got access to broadband from home. Yay! But, I have been trying to save bookmarks using the tag icon on the internet explorer toolbar I downloaded from delicious and it keeps needing me to type in my password and log in each time. I don't mean to be showing techno-rage here, but it has the temerity to display on the screen 'saving bookmarks would be much easier with delicious browser icons'!!!

Please let me know how you would go about sovling this problem. I have even tried downloading the toolbar again. No change.

Thanks.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Loretta,

    I experienced exactly the same problem and know exactly how you feel. I couldn't work out what I'd done wrong. What I discovered in the end was that the icons had saved in three different places:

    1. On the top of browser bar, left hand side of the scree under file and edit

    2. On the second level of the browser bar which was on the right hand side of the screen

    3.On the mid level of the browser bar which said links. This one was the one that actually worked, but the thing was, the icons on this level were hidden behind a couple of double arrows right at the end of the browser (right hand side of the screen) which indicate "more". Clicking on this more button brought up 'save to delicious' and 'my delicious' and were the icons that actually worked.

    So, if you can decipher my writing, try it out and see if it works for you. I spent a long time trying to work out what was going on before I worked it out and haven't experienced any difficulty since. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loretta: you are not alone!

    Cath: You rock! I feel like I'll be about to use it to its full potential now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cath, I will try your strategy when I get home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good cooperative work, folks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Update:

    Still not working. But I have attempted to contact the delicious customer service team. It's wait and see at the moment.

    ReplyDelete