Ahh, I found out how to get the icons for markers and lines back! It turns out that you have to be in edit mode in order to do anything. It seems simple enough…now.
It also turns out that you just have to be in edit mode in order to drag your placemarks around, too! I feel a little daft, but I’m learning!
I keep, though, encountering problems when I try to draw a line. It keeps ‘grabbing’ my map with the hand and not drawing anything, even thought I have clearly selected this option and the screen is displaying the prompt ‘click to draw a line’.
I did, however, find an easier way to placemark destinations. I searched the name of places, such as Paris in France and then clicked on the option ‘save to my maps’ and this placemark (now) accurately shows the location of this city on my map.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hey Loretta,
ReplyDeleteI haven't yet played around with google maps but I salute you for your persistence in working through problems and I will be following your advice above when I do come to do the task.
It's interesting about it needing to be in 'edit' mode to drag things around. It sounds a bit like a wiki?
Hi Cath,
ReplyDeleteI guess it is a little like a wiki in terms of only being able to make alterations in edit mode. As soon as you say 'done' in Google Maps in puts it into view mode.
Good observation. Another thing is that you need to write in html when you attempt (like I did) to embed objects/pictures.